Nangang District comprises mainly of mountains and hills (Thumb Mountain Scenic Spot). Only in the vicinity of Keelung River is a flatter land. In earlier days, it used to be an agricultural and industrial area. It has flourished and prospered in recent years due to its proximity to Taipei City. The local residents have requested the setup of a high school to balance the education developments of all Taipei City districts and facilitate the schooling of students living in the eastern district.
Pic1. Taipei Municipal Yucheng High School
August 1998—Nangang Junior High School was reorganized as Nangang Senior High School. Our office also changed its name into Taipei Municipal Yucheng Senior High School Preparatory Office.
August 1st, 1998—Principal Chen Pi-Tu of Taipei Municipal Fuxing Senior High School was transferred to our school. He continued to undertake school setup, planning, outsourcing, and construction affairs.
Pic2. Principal Chen Pi-Tu
August 2002—The school recruitment officially began. Eighteen regular classes with a total of 743 students were recruited. As the lighthouse of senior high school education in Nangang area, Yucheng Senior High School was officially inaugurated.
November 15th, 2002—The school building was officially inaugurated. Taipei City mayor Ma Ying-Jeou arrived to host the ceremony.
February 1st, 2003—Principal Chen Pi-Tu retired.
February 1st, 2003—Principal Yang Wan-He of Taipei Municipal Hopin Senior High School
took over the job as the deputy principal of our school.
August 1st, 2003, Principal Yang Wan-He took over the job as the official principal of our
Pic3. Principal Yang Wan-He
August 2008 - There are 52 regular classes, 2 Chinese gifted classes, 6 PE classes, and 1 resource class. There are a total of 61 classes and 2,200 students.
PE recruitment items: canoeing, boxing, badminton, rowing, and fencing.
Pic 4. PE classes
III. Campus Tour
The entire school occupies an area of 26,000 square meters.
1. Administration Area
There are Principal's Office , Office of Student Affairs, Office of Academic Affairs, Office of General Affairs, Office of Personnel, Office of Counseling, Military Instructors' Office, Conference Rooms, Library and Information Center, Health Center, Teacher's Association Center, Parental Association Center, Accounting Office, Stduent Activity Center, School Cooperative,and so on.
2. Teaching Area
There are 60 classrooms, 10 laboratories, 10 Study rooms, 29 special rooms for different subjects ,and 7 audio-visual rooms
3. Activity Area
(1) Indoor Gymnasium: a swimming pool (50mx25m, 1F), two sports rooms (2F), a badminton
court (3F), a weight training room (4F), a table tennis court(5F), a boxing platform, a
basketball and volleyball complex court (6F),
(2) Outdoor Activity Area: eight top-floor bull-fight basketball fields, a basketball court
Pic 5. Swimming pool
There are a wide variety of clubs, which can roughly be deivided into seven categories.
1. academy clubs: news editing club (school magazine), Japanese club, debate club, animation club, quiz club, scientific reseach club
2. music clubs: chorus, wind band, pop music club, guitar club
3. sports clubs: basketball club, soccer club, volleyball club, table tennis club, kickboxing club, badminton club, professional baseball research club, in-line skates club, yoga club, softball club, swimming and canoeing club
4. service clubs: Honor Guard and Drum Corps, Charity Club
5. skill clubs: make-up and fashion design club, pop dance club, Welcome Club, magicians' club, movie club
6. art clubs: animation club, digital film editing club, movie appreciation and analysis club, handcraft club, bridge club, chess club, Chinese chess club, card trick club, make-up and fashion design club
7. other clubs: information research club, movie appreciation and analysis club, bridge club, military art club, Korean soap opera club
At the end of each semester, each club is evaluated according to its exhibition or performance, by which different clubs can learn from one another and enrich themselves.
Pic 6. Honor guard
V. Counseling for advancing to colleges or universities
Our school is equipped with the most modern teaching facilities and owns the most vigorous and enthusiastic teachers. Teachers with master's degree and doctor's degree account for 62% and those with bachelor's degree account for 38% of the teaching staff. They are both well-educated and full of enthusiasm for teaching. They are professional and creative in arranging versatile teaching activities which meet the needs of different students.
1. In the freshman year, we assist students in exploring their abilities, aptitude, interests and
potential, choosing the division where they are going to study, understanding the different
departments in colleges and universities, analyzing the work fields, and making their career
2. In the sophomore year, we hold seminars on introduction to departments of colleges and
universities, and career planning. We also hold field trips to different work fields. We encourage
our students to participate in competitions held at school or outside ( science contests, Chinese
literature contests, foreign language proficiency tests, thesis contests, study file contests, sports
contests and so on) to cultivate their diverse creativity.
3. In the senior year, we help students prepare for the diverse entrance to universities, guide them
to choose the suitable major, hold seminars on introduction to newest ways for college entrance
projects, give simulated interviews to students who enter the second stage of selection and
instruct them to prepare the required data.
Pic7 .Career Planning Workshop